It has been said that upon meeting someone that the first impression is a lasting impression and the same follows for your home. The first thing someone will notice when walking into your home is your foyer. Being that they are in a new and unfamiliar place they will surely look around and take in everything, and attempt to develop a feel for your personality and the rest of your home. And because your home is a reflection of yourself you want it look its best and represent you well.
Consider these five tips on making a lasting impression with your foyer:
- Take into account what is surrounding your front door on the outside.
- Incorporate a mixture of light fixtures to create the right layer of lighting.
- Add visual interest to the floor with a mosaic flooring design or an intricate rug.
- Use pieces of furniture, or accessories that are both functional and decorative.
- Personalize, personalize, personalize.
If you are in the Kansas City area and would like to redesign your foyer with the help of an experienced interior designer call Janine Terstriep of The Decorative Touch at 913-219-7333.