Do you love all things romantic and flirty, but it doesn’t translate through the interior design of your home? Romantic decor is gaining popularity and the flirty look can be achieved with a few key pieces. Feminine and romantic decorative accessories soften a room and deliver just the right amount of romanticism. Keep these tips in mind if you want to add romance to your interior design:
- Use pink. Incorporate the ultimate romantic color in any room with small pieces in light or dark shades.
- Keep it soft. Add soft textured fabrics such as silk, velvet or faux fur, avoid denim, microsuede and leather.
- Make a statement. Add a large mirror to make a statement and brighten up a room.
- Remember the details. When it comes to upholstery choose tufting and nailhead trims to play up the romance.
- Add pattern. Use floral patterns in small amounts such as a decorative pillow or small ottoman so the design isn’t overbearing.
If you are in the Kansas City area and want to discuss additional ways to add romance to your interior design? Call Janine of The Decorative Touch today to begin brainstorming for your design!
Tips and image from shelterpop.