Parents and grandparents, are you looking for some Halloween festivities for your little ones before you head out trick-or-treating Sunday? There are a few Halloween events going on right here in Lenexa, KS for the entire family. This week’s happenings include Pumpkin Carving Night and The Enchanted Forest. To participate in Pumpkin Carving Night all you have to do is bring a pumpkin to carve, which will then be donated to the Enchanted Forest for the Pumpkin Bridge display. The Enchanted Forest, Lenexa‘s Halloween-themed woodland trail, will be held throughout the jogging trail at Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park. The park will be transformed with seasonal displays with numerous kid friendly activities. There will even be a bonfire at the end for the whole family to enjoy. Let your kid’s tryout their costumes a few days early and celebrate Halloween with the city of Lenexa!
- What: Pumpkin Carving Night
- When: Tuesday Oct. 26th 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Where: Lenexa Community Center
- Admission: 1 pumpkin
- What: The Enchanted Forest
- When: Wednesday Oct.27th and Thursday Oct. 28th from 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Where: Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park
- Admission: $1 per person including children. Costumes encouraged for all.
For more information on either of the events in Lenexa contact the Lenexa Parks and Recreation Department at 913-477-7100 or visit the city of Lenexa website.
Image from Southern Living.