https://www.decorativetouchltd.com/wp-content/uploads/outdoor-living-space.jpg 310 633 decorativetouch http://www.decorativetouchltd.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Decorative-Touch-Logo-Block.png decorativetouch2013-04-11 12:30:272013-04-11 12:30:27What Are Homeowners Really Looking For in Home Design?
What Are Homeowners Really Looking For in Home Design?
When choosing a home what features and amenities are most important to you? Each prospective buyer has a different set of wants and needs but there are obvious trends in home design that appeal to many buyers. Recently released home survey reports show that kitchen amenities, bathroom features, outdoor spaces, and energy efficient upgrades are at the top of most buyers’ lists.
Analyzing the data more closely we find:
- 65% of respondents report that overall living space and the layout of the home is important.
- Nine out of ten buyers were willing to pay more for a home with energy efficient amenities that would permanently decrease utility bills.
- Buyers are seeking storage options and organization. They want linen closets in bathrooms, a walk in pantry in the kitchen, a dedicated laundry room, and garage storage.
- Kitchens and bathrooms continue the trend of being high on buyers’ priority lists. Respondents report wanting a fully equipped kitchen with plenty of cupboard and counter space and a nicely appointed master bathroom.
- Outdoor features ranked high on the survey results as well. Buyers are seeking homes with outdoor living spaces such as large yards, patios, and decks that provide additional living space.
The home design experts with The Decorative Touch can help bring your design dreams to life and ensure upgrades will improve the likelihood of a future sale. Contact us to learn how partnering with an interior designer here in Lenexa, KS will lead to a home you love both inside and out.