Have you always favored the look and feel of traditional styles when it comes to the interiors of your home? Traditional designs are often a popular choice because of their ability to withstand the test of time, and their versatility. A traditional kitchen can be rustic, country, eclectic, old world, and even contemporary with the use of high tech appliances.
If you are considering redesigning your kitchen to feature a traditional look consider adding these classic characteristics compiled by Apartment Therapy:
- Recessed panel cabinets or raised panel cabinet doors
- More texture and variation, less sleek uniformity
- Handles and knobs (as opposed to handle-free doors in modern kitchens)
- Use of freestanding furniture
- Country or rustic elements, such as farmhouse sinks or weathered woods
- Natural materials, especially hard wood and stone like marble
- Upper cabinets and storage
- Glass or open cabinet
- Skirting boards
- Crown molding
- Neutral tones and white
- Antique or vintage elements
- Natural or oriental rugs
If you are in the Lenexa, KS area and would like to discuss the interior design of your kitchen call The Decorative Touch at 913-888-1388.